Today we will share with you some amazing high protein vegan lunches for work ideas that will give you energy to handle your hectic schedule.These lunches are high-protein thus will provide you instant energy.Protein rich meals are a great source of energy.This list includes all types of lunch ideas that will suite every taste.
High Protein Vegan Lunches For Work Recipes
1.Chickpea And Edamame Salad
Chickpea and edamame salad is an amazing recipe to add flavors in your life.Its sour and sweet flavor will prove a treat for your taste buds.Its really easy to make and extremely healthy at the same time.It ticks all the checklists for an amazing recipe for high protein vegan lunches for work.
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cups chopped onion
- 1/3 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cups minced carrot
- 1/4 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 TS celery salt
- 1/8 TS Cayenne pepper
- 2 TS mayonnaise
Take a bowl and mix all the above mentioned ingredients with the help of a spoon.Refrigerate overnight for better taste of the salad.
Enjoy Your High Protein Vegan Lunch at work!!!
2.Seitan Chicken Burger
We all love chicken burger.But what about vegans? They love it too.This vegan Seitan Chicken burger is a high protein meal and tastes like chicken and feels like chicken due to the chicken like texture of the wheat gluten.It should be treated as a Casual recipe.Nonetheless its a great meal for lunch.
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup firm tofu
- 1 ts onion salt
- 1 ts garlic powder
- 1 ts dried sage
- 1 ts dried tarragon
- Vegetable broth 5 cups
- Medium sized onion
- 1 ts miso paste
- 1/2 non-dairy milk(preferably soy-milk)
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- spices(2 tbs cracked black pepper,pinch of sea sea salt,1 tbs cayenne pepper,1 tbs dried chili flakes,1 ts oregano,1 tbs paprika,1 tbs of dried sage and 1 ts of all ground spices.
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- Avocado oil
- salad of your choice
- Take Wheat Gluten into a bowl and add chickpea flour into it.
- Whisk together both the ingredients well.
- Put tofu,onion salt,garlic powder,dried sage and dried tarragon into a food processor with dough blade.
- Add soy-milk and miso paste into the food processor.
- Turn on food processor to mix up all the ingredients.
- Add the mixture into the bowl containing wheat gluten and chickpea flour.
- Turn on the food processor and wait until it takes dough like texture.
- Knead the dough for at least 5 minutes to give it a proper shape.
- Roll the dough with the help of a rolling pin on the surface of a cutting board.
- Cut the dough with the help of a knife into slices of 1-2 inches width.
- Add vegetable broth and chopped onion in a sauce pan and turn on the flame on medium heat.
- When the broth becomes hot add the seitan pieces and cook for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes,take out the seitan pieces and let them cool down.
- Take three plates and add plain flour(2 cups),chickpea flour(2 cups) and panko breadcrumbs(1 cup).
- Add a few Tbs of water into the chickpea flour to form a batter.
- Add spices and 2 Tbs coconut sugar into the third plate containing the panko breadcrumbs and whisk them up.
- Chop the seitan slices into pieces.
- Coat the seitan by dipping in plain flour,batter and breadcrumbs plate respectively.
- Do the same process with all the seitan pieces one by one.
- Now put the seitan pieces into a fryer or frying pan containing avocados oil for about two minutes until it changes its texture to golden brown.
- Take out the seitan pieces when its colour changes to golden brown and put it into butter paper or kitchen tissue to soak-up the additional oil.
- Spread a pinch of salt for added flavour.
- Take the bun and put salad,seitan pieces and ketchup.
- Take the vegan chicken burger to work and reheat in oven if required.
- Enjoy your delicious high protein vegan chicken burger for lunch at work.
3.Nutty Protein Bar
We all love snacks.Snacks are protein rich and at the same time a recipe of choice for people all over the world.This vegan nutty protein bar is a tasty addition to the high protein vegan lunches for work.You can have this recipe at the work anytime you like.Its on the go snack for people who don’t have too much time for their lunch.This nutty protein bar recipe is Sugar-free,Gluten-free and at the same time very easy to make.It takes less 5 ingredients to make it.
- Peanut butter(1-CUP)
- Quinoa flakes(3 CUPS)
- Sticky sweetener(maple syrup,agave nectar,etc)-(1cup)
- Protein-powder(Brown rice protein powder is recommended)-(4 scoops)
- Chocolate chips(optional)
- 1 Ts liquid of your own choice.(for forming batter)-optional
- Line a 10*10 inch pan with parchment paper and put it aside.
- In a large sized mixing bowl add,quinoa flakes with brown rice protein powder and whisk it together.
- In a microwave safe bowl add peanut butter with sticky sweetener of your choice and melt them until they form one unit.
- Add wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix them up until they are incorporated with each other.
- If required you can add any liquid of your choice into the mixture to form a good batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan.
- Melt your nutty protein bar and drizzle over top.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- Your delicious High-protein vegan lunch for work is ready.
Tofu scramble is a high protein meat and a very good substitute to eggs scramble.The tofu scramble replicates the taste of actual eggs without containing any egg at all.This is due to the use of a secret ingredient in the recipe,known as KAALA NAMAK or Black Salt.Lets jump into it.
- 14 ounce firm tofu.
- 3 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 Ts spoons turmeric powder
- 1/2 Ts garlic powder
- 2 Ts diced yellow onion
- 1.5 Ts nutritional yeast
- 3 ounce vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 Ts avocados oil
- 1/2 Ts black salt
- Place the firm tofu in a layer of paper towel or cloth towel and squeeze water out of it.
- Add 1/3 of avocados oil in the pan and add onion to it.
- Keep stirring the onions.
- Once they become soft enough add tofu into the pan and chop it using potato masher.
- Keep crumbling the tofu until its texture becomes like scrambled eggs.
- Add the remaining oil and spices into the pan with constant stirring until all the water from tofu evaporates.
- Now add spinach,grape tomatoes and cheese into the pan.
- Keep stirring the mixture until the cheese melts.
- Take off the pan from heat and serve once it becomes cold.
5.Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Sandwich
Last but not the least.Smashed chickpea and avocados is rich in protein and flavour.Its astonishingly easy to make and very tasty at the same moment..This recipe should be a top choice for high protein vegan lunch.
- 1/4 cup chickpeas cooked
- 1/4 Ts cayenne
- 1/4 Ts ground ginger
- 1/4 Ts ground cinnamon
- 1 piece avocados
- A few mint leaves
- 2 pieces vegan bread pieces (toasted)
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- Put the cooked chickpeas into a bowl and add all the spices into it.
- Mix them up so the chickpeas gets toasted with all the spices.
- Spread mashed avocados onto the toast.
- Top chickpeas on toast.
- Add fresh mint pieces and lemon zest.
- ENJOY!! your delicious meal.
For other vegan lunch ideas Check Here
You can also try 5 TASTY CHICKEN SEITAN RECIPES